The 2013 Diamondback Scapegoat frame is built from 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum with a hooded hydroformed top tube, tapered head tube, ISCG, and 142x12mm E-Thru Axle drop out. Diamondback’s Knuckle Box is the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. The pivot points were carefully placed to give optimal pedaling efficiency while still giving small and large bump compliance. Weight is always the enemy on a frame, but the weight of the Knuckle Box sits very low. This positioning of the weight low on the frame keeps the center of gravity low helping the handling of the bike.
Diamondback’s Knukle Box and the Fox DHX Air 5.0 rear shock with Kashima Coat work together to create rear travel that has incredible small bump compliance, more travel and great bottom-out protection. The 160mm of travel in the Fox DHX is plush and Fox's patented Boost Valve technology provides a feeling of endless travel and plushness like a downhill bike, but without sacrificing pedaling efficiency.
Up front, the Diamondback Scapegoat is built around a 180mm Fox 36 Float RC2 FIT fork and gives the Scapegoat a slack front end that gives the Scapegoat that stable park/freeride feel. Adding to that is burly and durable component choices like the Gravity Light DH Cranks with a chainguide, Shimano XTR rear derailleur with Shadow Plus and Sain 4 piston Hydraulic Disc Brakes. Easton provides the wheels with their Easton Havoc UST Compatible Wheels.
Diamondback full suspension mountain bikes are known for their Knuckle Box suspension design. The Knuckle Box, or Bell Crank, is Diamondback’s single- pivot four- bar suspension platform. The ideally placed pivots create a low leverage ratio which creates superior pedaling efficiency and small bump compliance. By placing the Knuckle Box low within the frame, the bulk of the weight is closer to the bottom bracket. This lowers the bike’s center of gravity which helps to improve tracking and cornering. The four bar suspension design further increases control over wheel- rate. Wheel rate is the effective spring rate when measured at the wheel. Diamondback worked closely with Fox Suspension to optimize the wheel rate to be linear to slightly progressive. This results in small bump compliance, more perceived travel, and bottom- out protection.
Since 1978, Diamondback has been at the forefront of innovative bicycle design. Diamondback produces bicycles suitable for every rider type. Whether you are an avid road cyclist looking for the newest, lightest frameset on the market, or crushing the downhill trails of Moab, or just looking to cruise the boardwalk, Diamondback has a bike to suit your needs. Diamondback believes that every bike they produce is a reflection of who they are. Therefore, each bike that rolls out of Diamondback’s factory embodies their core values which are precision, durability, and integrity.
2013 Diamondback Scapegoat
- Frame: Scapegoat Aggressive All Mountain 6" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Tapered Head Tube Knuckle Box Technology, ISCG, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- Rear Shock: Fox DHX Air 5.0 216x63mm w/rebound, bottom out pressure air spring pressure, 2 position Propedal, schrader valve tuning range adj. w/KASHIMA COAT
- Fork: Fox 36 Float RC2 FIT, butted Alloy Tapered 1.5 Steerer , 180mm travel, ext. high/low speed compression adj, air spring and rebound adj. Internal bottom-out resistance damper, 36mm aluminum stanchions, w/KASHIMA COAT 20mm QR thru axle
- Headset: FSA No55 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- Cranks: Gravity Light Mega Exo DH single 34t alloy ring, Gravity RACE chainguide w/integrated bash guard
- Bottom Bracket: Mega Exo BB
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR Short Cage Shadow Plus 10spd
- Shifter: XTR 10spd Rapidfire
- Cogset (Casset/Freewheel): Shimano HG980 XTR 10spd Cassette (11-34t)
- Chain: Shimano HG94 10spd
- Front Hub: Easton HAVOC 24h, 20mm thru axle, Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc
- Rear Hub: Easton HAVOC 24h, 142x12 thru axle, Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc, w/ Shimano E-thru QR Axle
- Spokes: Easton SAPIM butted Spokes
- Rims: Easton HAVOC 24h, 26" Clincher - UST
- Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.5, w/STICK-E rubber compound, Folding
- Brakes: Shimano Saint, 4 piston Hydraulic Disc w/ 203mm front / 185mm rear SM-RT76 Rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano Saint, servo wave, w/tool-free reach adj. free stroke adj.
- Pedals: DB Sound Alloy w/ replaceable traction pins
- Handlebar: Easton HAVOC 750mm width LowRise 31.8mm
- Grips: DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- Stem: Easton HAVOC CNC 0 degree, 31.8mm
- Seat: WTB SILVERADO
- Seat Post: Easton HAVOC Double bolt clamp 30.9mm
|Size||15.5" - S||17" - M||19" - L|
|Seat Tube Length||15.5"||17.0"||19.0"|
|Head Tube Length||120.0mm||130.0mm||145.0mm|
|Top Tube Length*||22.0"||23.0"||24.0"|